Brody Dalle and Shirley Manson ♥
Can we talk about the amazingness of Princess Diana for a moment? Can we just.
I’ve had people say she does not belong on a list of feminist icons. That she is not a strong female role model. Bullshit. Let’s talk about why.
- Princess Diana may have had money and privilege, but she suffered in her life. She had more pain in her 36 years than many do ever. She suffered from bulimia and she attempted suicide multiple times, and she OVERCAME ALL OF IT. And she did it while emotionally and sometimes literally isolated from human contact or compassion.
- Diana raised money and awareness for AIDS and AIDS patients at a time when people were afraid of even discussing the topic of that disease. She went to hospitals and hospices and sat with AIDS patients and TOUCHED THEM at a time when people still had the misguided belief that you could catch the disease through skin-on-skin contact. It was also on of the first time a royal had gotten up close and personal with sick people at their bedsides in general.
- She was an advocate for the homeless. She not only raised money for homeless shelters, she WORKED at them. She even took her sons to work at them when they were young, because she wanted them to understand the kind of privilege they were born with, and how many, many people had next to nothing.
- She worked with impoverished and sick children in Africa, bringing attention to that cause like no one had ever done before. She met with and played with the children. She got down on their level. She bonded with them. She held them.
- She used to her high profile to bring awareness to other important issues that didn’t have enough coverage, like the alarming number of active land mines still in existence all over the world.
- She raised money for breast cancer, heart disease, addiction centers, and eating disorder recovery.
She was a total fucking badass and made a huge difference in her short life. She is someone that deserves to be admired. She is a role model. Don’t ever sell this woman short.
Elka Zolot - Guitar , Vocals
Danielle Pimm - Bass
Tina Lucchesi - Drums
also: i love their friendship SO. much.
Kick Ass Babes! turned 4 today!
Woohoo!!! Can’t believe I’ve managed to keep this blog going for so long! I have a good habit of deleting them… But not this one!
Thank you all my followers, keep on appreciating the kick ass babes of the, mostly, music industry!